Our igloo village is the place for those magical moments; share them with the people you love.
There are 20 igloos in Magical Pond.
- Each room is 15m2. The big bed allows to accommodate two adults and max. 2 children under 12 y/o.
- Pets are allowed for an additional fee.
- If you are traveling with an infant, we can bring a portable crib and a pot to your room.
- Our igloos feature a small kitchenette equipped with kitchenware, a capsule coffee machine, a kettle, and a minibar. Microwave can be brought on request.
- There is a private bathroom with toilet, a shower, a hairdryer, shampoo, and shower gel.
- Magical Pond’s igloos also have a small wardrobe, curtains, and reading lights by the bed.
- Most of the sockets include the USB sockets.
- Each igloo faces the forest and the pond which allows you to have privacy during your stay.
What is included?
- The room rates and packages include a breakfast made out of delicious local delicacies,
- A welcome drink, and
- You can use our snowshoes and a fireplace for free when available. Fireplace is located by the pond.
Something special … just for you
In addition to the unique accommodation, we want our guests to experience the whole spectrum of Finnish Lapland.
Be mindfully present when witnessing the beautiful nature and its wildlife. Feel invigorated by the husky- or snowmobile ride. Feed your taste buds by trying the Lappish cuisine at the Hut Restaurant Kataja. And finally relax by laying on the comfortable bed gazing at the night sky; and if the sky is clear, you just might see the Northern Lights.
Uniqueness of the igloos
Inspired by the Lappish nature, these Scandinavian style igloos are modern and cozy. The unusual shape allows you to almost touch the trees and smell the fresh air. You are truly one with the surroundings.
Kanttia 2 architects designed the igloos in a way that allows them to melt into the forest. Each square meter is elaborately planned, so you can comfortably observe the nature’s beauty.
We use only the local and organic products in our igloos, such as the handmade dishes from Pentik (in Posio) and Iittala, the bed linen, the wooden sinks, and many other products. Magical Pond takes care of the environment and cultural heritage of Lapland and Finland as a whole; please read more about our sustainability policy.
This is where the MAGIC happens!